Parish in BloomPâraisse Flieuthie
2021 plans – Community Awards instead of Britain in Bloom.
Natural Jersey regrets that Jersey in Bloom will not take place in its usual form in 2021.
This follows the RHS decision to cancel all plans for Britain in Bloom for 2021 due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
However, the RHS intend to present Community Awards and are inviting nominations via Natural Jersey for any project or worthy endeavour in your Parish falling into the following categories:
- Nourishing your community – growing of fruit and vegetables.
- Planting with purpose – creative gardening/horticultural practice.
- Nature friendly gardening – enhancing/creating habit to increase biodiversity.
- Green solutions – management of green space/tree & hedgerow planting etc.
- Cultivating your community – support for groups pursuing the above.
For further information please refer to:
- RHS Community Awards 2021 Overview (PDF)
- RHS Community Awards Overview of Categories 2021 (PDF)
- RHS Community Awards 2021 FAQ (PDF)
Parish in Bloom and Natural Jersey
The annual ‘Parish in Bloom’ event, a hugely popular and well supported national floral competition, is held under the professional auspices of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS).
After consultation with the RHS and counterpart groups a charity, known as Natural Jersey (NJ), has been set up with support and input from the Economic Development,Tourism, Sport and Culture Department.
The charity was born out of the transition of Jersey Tourism, a government department that traditionally sponsored and organised ‘Parish in Bloom’, to Visit Jersey whose primary role is to promote and market Jersey rather than to organise events.
The objectives of Natural Jersey are:
- To promote good horticultural, environmental and conservation practices in Jersey, and;
- To encourage increased community participation and passion in horticulture including the promotion of the annual competition run by the RHS known as ‘Parish in Bloom’.
Find out more about Natural Jersey and how you can get involved in the Parish in Bloom competition.