2023 Rate List Available For Inspection
The Rates List is available for inspection from Monday 15 May to Tuesday 30 May inclusive: –
- Through the parish website (https://parish.je ; use the three-part code near the QR code on the paper Notice of Assessment or access from your digital Notice)
- At the Parish Hall during normal office hours.
Members of the Assessment Committee will be available by appointment only to discuss any concerns you may have relating to assessments, please telephone 854724 to arrange an appointment.
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a review of an assessment of an area of land shown on the Rates List. An application for review should: –
- be made on the approved form (available from the Parish Hall or on www.parish.je)
- must provide details of other land in the island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters, whichever is the greater), and
- if requesting a review of the assessment of domestic / non-domestic must provide details of the current use of the property, and
- must be made on or before Wednesday 31 May 2023 to the Assessment Committee at the Parish Hall, La Grande Route de la Côte, St Clément, JE2 6FP.
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a review has been undertaken. Notice is also given, in accordance with Article 11 of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the Rates List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Rates List of the Parish for that rateable year.
12 May 2023